Skip to content
Go to top
- To separate each string of noodles or any thin pasta, run it under cold water immediately after boiling and draining the water.
- Add fresh herbs to the water while boiling potatoes. This adds flavor to potatoes, try with different herbs like to make boiled potatoes more delicious.
- To get fluffy rice- Add a tbsp of fresh lemon juice when cooking rice to get fluffy and whiter grains.
- Fried onions for biryani- Add a pinch of sugar while frying onions for garnishing biryanis and pulaos, so that they will brown faster.
- To make crispier puris that stay puffed up longer, add a little Rava(Sooji) to the wheat flour while kneading.
- For crispy bhindi fry- add a tbsp of lemon juice when frying the bhindis. This also prevents stickiness.
- To make paneer softer- Dip them in warm salt water before adding it to any gravy.
- Avoid overflow of milk- When boiling milk, smear ghee on the edges of the vessel to prevent overflow.
- To preserve ginger garlic paste for a longer duration- add some oil and salt while grinding.
- Retain the white color of cauliflower- Add a tbsp of milk while cooking cauliflower
- Freeze your herbs in the form of cubes. Stash in a few herbed cubes like mint and rosemary to your glass of iced tea or any cocktail.
- Use turmeric to marinate your fish fillet before cooking. The antiseptic properties of the turmeric kill the dirty and unhealthy bacteria of the fish making it cleaner and healthier for you to eat.