In our post Home remedies for pimples, we have seen quick and easy home remedies for pimples. Pimples come and go but the mark they leave on face remains forever. Clearing dark spots is as painful as treating pimples. Most important fact is to keep our face clean. Exposing skin to sun, dust, pollution brings black & whiteheads and pimples which in turn leaves dark spots.
Over-secretion of melanin is also one of the cause for dark spots. This may be due to hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, menopause, small intestinal disorder, side effects of some products, skin whitening products, shaving and stress. If the condition is very worse then it is better to consult a dermatologist.
If a pimple is red in color then it indicates the bacteria growth inside. This develops white liquid substance around the skin. Most of the people squeeze it to get rid of it but doing this spreads the bacteria. If you squeeze a pimple, wash it thoroughly with Dettol and put a band-aid or cotton on the squeezed part to avoid further damage to the skin.
I have tried benzoyl peroxide gel for pimples. Results were actually good compared to other products. Teetree oil also kills the bacteria and makes a pimple dry but this might not work for people with an oily face.
These are few easy home remedies to clear dark spots.
- Don’t throw the water which you use to wash rice. Washing face with this water helps in fading dark spots, moles and other blemishes.
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze it into juice. Now dip a cotton ball into the lemon juice and massage with it on dark spots. Leave for a whole night and wash in the morning. Follow this routine for 15 days to make your dark spots disappear.
- Apply aloe vera gel on dark spots twice a day to clear them in less than 2 weeks. This is the most effective Ayurveda home remedy to clear dark spots.
- Mix honey and lemon juice, apply this mixture every day about 15 mins. This definitely works out giving soft, clear, and glowing skin.
- Turmeric is the best antibiotic, this also lightens the skin. Mix turmeric, gram flour (Besan flour) and cold milk, then apply this mixture on face for 10 mins. Turmeric turns your face yellow so remember to wash your face and hands thoroughly.
- Ancient people in India used sandalwood for their healthier skin. This is available in boughs and powder. A mixture of sandalwood powder and turmeric yields better results.